In this course kids will learn the basic programming functions so that they can eventually make games, stories and animation using Scratch. Scatch is a visual programming platform for children created by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Scratch makes it very simple for kids to understand basic coding concepts and to make their creations come true by just dragging and dropping elements and connecting them with each other. It is highly visual, interactive and fun! The skills learned using Scratch translate to future programming languages such as python, java, C++, Mathlab, etc..
What your kids will learn in this course:
- Using intuitive building blocks to visually craft simple web games, stories and animations.
- Grasping programming concepts such as conditions and loops. Taught with a project-based methodology.
- Make their creations interactive for the users.
- Share their games and animations so that other people can play and modify them.
- Most importantly, understand how simple it is to make their creative ideas a reality in today's world.